Image is originally owned by
Mark Sullivan / Wire Image.
In new court documents filed by Jackson’s family, it was indicated that they now plan to seek a new trial in a wrongful death lawsuit against AEG according to reports.
It could be remembered that last October, during a verdict, a jury has acquitted the concert promoter from any accountability for the singer’s death.
The jury claimed that although the MJ’s death was a tragedy for everyone, no one from the concert promoter was responsible for his death. The jury ruled that although AEG Live indeed hired Dr. Conrad Murray, who gave the singer the fatal shot of anesthetic called Propofol, the physician was NOT unfit or incompetent to treat the singer at the time he was hired.
Following the said verdict, the King of Pop’s mother, Katherine Jackson was said to be devastated.
Now that Katherine has apparently recovered from deep sadness, she and the late singer’s three children filed court documents on Monday with the Los Angeles County Superior Court. The court papers cited misconduct of the jury and insufficient evidence among other reasons for the pending request for a new trial, the reports said.
Also, the new claim reportedly has newly discovered evidence.
As speculated by a wrongful death attorney in his previous blog, he claimed that after failing to win the previous wrongful death case, the King of Pop’s family is likely to appeal the case that was previously resolved through a verdict in the Los Angeles superior court. Obviously, that is what the family is planning ahead.